Thursday, December 25, 2014

Why do American Girl cost so much?


I hear this question way to often. I mean Legos and Games are just as expensive... But why spend the $100 on an American Girl? First of all I have 25 dolls and I have rarely spent retail on my dolls. I do on the Girl's of the Year brand new because they are only out a year and I want to go ahead and buy them during the year they are out instead of spending more after they are retired and usually their price sky rockets... But you can find them more inexpensive than retail....

There are lots of differences between American Girl and other brands like Our Generation. I am not a big fan from what I can tell of the Our Generation dolls, Madame Alexander, and My Life brands..I do like the Play Wonder line which I think went out of business.

One big difference in quality is the vinyl yes there is a big difference and another is the hair...
We care for our dolls equally. Now that I am starting to just put away the OG and Madame Alexander dolls and honestly I have debated on whether or not to sell them. Take a look at hair quality of their wigs and check out this video from another fan...
Battat or Our Generation 18 inch doll has a rats nest going on.. 

her Madame Alexander doll certainly has better hair but it still looks a bit dry...


Then my 20 year old Samantha (I am the second owner) her hair still has wave and bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment